Sunday, July 1, 2012

Why I'm Behind On Posts

Hi sweet followers! I'm SUPER behind on posts and have no fear - tons of Insta-Fridays & Tastefully Simple recipes coming your way! Oh and that 30with30 Challenge??? Yea...might be a fail :( But first, I need to unload about what my week looked like.

Two weeks ago I noticed an odd bump under Lindley Belle's upper lip. Then that night she ran a 102 fever. Took her to the dr and he said it looked like a staph infection. Gave her a 10 day antibiotic and called it a day. Well, 10 days later, the meds were gone but the bump was bigger. Back to the pediatrician's we went.

Long story short: after driving all over town and sitting in multiple doctors offices (general surgeons, oral surgeons, plastic surgeons) over the course of 3 days, this is the conclusion we have come to:

1. Its a cyst/mass that has been there since birth, growing as she grows.
2. She will have surgery (yes, my 10 month old is having plastic surgery!) on July 18 to have it removed.
3. They will biopsy BUT assure us it looks benign.

I'm trying to stay calm. I'm trying not to be nervous. Praying for peace. Praying comfort.

Our Lindley Belle is the happiest little thing. I feel so bad for her :( That's all I can post for now bc I'm doing this from my phone sitting on the beach! We arrived yesterday for a week long family vacation. Sweet time to rest in the Lord after a crazy week.

I'm not sure if the pic I just took from my phone will show up but if it does, that's my view as I type this :)

8 comments:

Rhendy Bradshaw said...

Poor baby girl! I will send some prayers your way! I found your blog via My Grey Desk. Love Lindley Belle's name! I have a 1 year old Lynley Mae:)

Life as a Mrs... said...

Thomas told me yesterday and I have passed on the news to my parents church family in Grenada so people all over Mississippi are praying for your sweet baby girl and that everything goes smoothly. We love you guys and hope you have a fun trip!

Life as a Mrs... said...

Thomas told me yesterday and I have passed on the news to my parents church family in Grenada so people all over Mississippi are praying for your sweet baby girl and that everything goes smoothly. We love you guys and hope you have a fun trip!

Missy L. Daniel said...

Thanks! Love your daughters name too! I have an old post about Lindley Belle's name of you get bored & want to read it :)

Missy L. Daniel said...

Thanks sweet Kelly!! Miss you guys! Can't wait till the party on the 14th :)

Penny said...

Glad you finally found out what the bump was on her lip. Will be praying for Lindley Belle. Love to all of you!

Ashley Fisher :) said...

Will be lifting u up! Will pray He gives you all of the strength you need!! I know He will!

Amanda said...

praying for your sweet baby girl!