Thursday, December 23, 2010

Faith & Reliance

A quick update: My ultra sound on Monday showed that I have 2 very mature follicles! (They want them to be at least 18mm and mine were 22mm and 23.5mm). This means that the new medication is working beautifully and is helping my body do what it is naturally supposed to do. Since the follicles were already mature enough, they went a ahead and gave me the shot that was to release an egg (ovulation) 12-36 hours later. We are out of that 36 hour window of time so now it's just a waiting game. It's these times each month that really test and build my faith & reliance on the Lord. I will have blood drawn on Tuesday that will test how healthy my ovulation was. After that...we wait some more :)

Incase you were wondering what this shot is - it's called ovidrel. Ovidrel contains the hormone needed for a follicle to release an egg - something my body was lacking due to my PCOS. There is nothing dangerous about it. It's a hormone every regular fertile women has.

Thanks for all your prayers, emails & texts! Merry Christmas!!

0 comments: