Wednesday, October 20, 2010

"Today, I thee wed"

On Saturday, I watched my sister, Emily, stand before her family & friends as she married Mr. Joel Larsgaard. I had the joy of being her Matron of Honor - what a wonderful way to show my love and support to her. Joel & Emily desired for their wedding to be Christ centered and worshipful and that it was! As a congregation we sang "Come Thou Fount Of Every Blessing" & "Be Thou My Vision". Words cannot describe how beautiful the view I had as I watched Emily & Joel worship thru song - giving praise to the one who brought them together and taught them how to love.
"Today, I thee wed"


 I of course cried thru the whole thing. I was overwhelmed with God's faithfulness in the lives of both my sister & I. Having come from broken families that have been since redeemed thru the faithfulness of God's grace - watching a sweet man of God vow his life to my sister and my sister to him, well I could not hold in my emotion. At the rehearsal dinner, I spoke of the redemption I experience thru my relationship with my sister. "Technically" we are step-sisters but from the day her dad married my mom (1/12/03) she and I have shared the most special bond that has led us to never utter the words step-sister. For the first 18 years of my life I never thought that I needed a sister or really even wanted a sister. I couldn't have imagined how the Lord would transform my life thru giving me Emily as a sister. You know the phrase, "You never knew what you had till it's gone"? Well in the case of my sister..."I never knew what I was missing till I had it!" I am so grateful to the Lord for the last 7 years we have spent sharing our lives  and growing as sisters together. 

"In thee my soul shall own combined the sister & the friend"



0 comments: